Yesterday, BlackBerry started seeding OS 10.3.2.281 to those who are a part of the BlackBerry 10.3 beta program and as always, a few hours later the files started appearing for everyone to download. First they appeared for the BlackBerry Passport, then the BlackBerry Z30 and BlackBerry Classic and now that the beta has landed in the hands of even more folks, so have the files for several other devices including the Z10 (No STL100-1) Q5, Q10. As the OS has been 'out there' and kinda 'leaked' since yesterday, there's already a full change log for it from BlackBerry plus, whatever other stuff those who already have it installed have found.
New Features Included in 10.3.2
- S/MIME Support for ActiveSync - Import your S/MIME certificate into your certificate store and manage your secure email settings in the Hub
- Next Generation Enterprise Connectivity - improving performance and protocol for behind-the-firewall access (requires BES 12.2)
- BlackBerry Protect - Anti-Theft Protection: Ability to remotely lock, wipe and recover a device by logging into BlackBerry Protect. A device can only be recovered this way. (There's no real clarification on this part as of yet but it seems to require a password to enable/disable now.)
- Browser Enhancements - Anti-Phishing, Private Browsing Mode
- Hub Improvements - Open the associated email when viewing an attachment, Bulk clear recent contacts
- Calendar Improvements - Grow/shrink numbers based on how busy the user is during work hours (month view only), Add time zone previews while creating or editing an event
- BlackBerry Assistant - Interaction with the timer
- Amazon Shopping App now preloaded
- New Lockscreen animation
- Peek now shows date and carrier
Known Issues with 10.3.2
- [Clock] Alarm may reset randomly to a different time, recurrence may toggle, and description may appear corrupt
- [Clock] Alarm configured via BlackBerry Intelligent Assistant did not go off at the configured time
- [Clock] After snoozing the alarm, the Clock application buttons may display in the bedside mode
- [Hub] Hub settings may not be retained after an update from BlackBerry 10 OS v10.3.1 to 10.3.2
- [Hub] If the device's font size is larger than 14, speed triage actions may action the incorrect item
- [Input] It may take longer than usual to input text after starting the device
- [Active Frames] Content in minimized apps may appear distorted and stretched
- [NFC] If bed time mode is enabled while an NFC Card Transaction occurs, the payment is received by the selector dialog is placed underneath the clock
- [Boot Up] Boot time can take up to ten minutes in some cases.
As there is no standard autoloader for these files, you must use Sachesi to update your device with the Core OS and Radio files needed. With that in mind, should you decide to update using these files the standard disclaimer applies here. If you mess it up, don't go blaming us. It's only logical to back up your device BEFORE you hop into this situation so be sure to do that and as always if you run into issues you can ask in the CrackBerry Forums for help.
PS: It's also watermarked, so your PIN will show on your display. And there's next to no chance this will ever be an 'official' OS for the masses, it's just for testing only so don't get all bent out of shape over it.